A private Tanzania safari including 2 nights lodge accommodation in Arusha, 1 night camping at Tarangire National Park, 2 nights camping in the Serengeti National Park and 1 night camping in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Price per person – AUD
|01 January to 31 December 2017||AUD 3,195 – (USD 2,300)||On request|
|01 January to 31 December 2018||TBA|
Number of Days: 7
- Price is valid until 31 December 2017. If travelling after this date please contact us for revised prices
- Departs daily subject to availability (private departure)
- Accommodation may be different from properties listed due to availability but will be of a similar standard
- Minimum of 2 people on safari
- Lodge and permanent tent accommodation options are available on request
- Pre and post nights at Arusha can be removed if required
- Arrival and departure airport transfers in Arusha
- All game drives
- Park entry fees
- Camping fees
- English speaking driver/guide
- All food (breakfast only at Arusha)
- Drinking water
- Camping equipment (including sleeping bags if you don’t have your own)
- At least 1 pair of binoculars.
Day 1 – Arrive Arusha
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport where you will be met and assisted by a Wild Africa Travel Company representative and transferred to your accommodation. Remainder of the day is free.
Overnight at the Outpost Lodge
Day 2: Moshi/Arusha – Tarangire
This morning you will travel to Tarangire National Park.
Tarangire is one of Tanzania’s largest national parks and sanctuary for an unusually large elephant population. Majestic baobab trees are an interesting feature of the park. Animals concentrate along the Tarangire River, which provides the only permanent water supply in the area. There is a great diversity of wildlife including lion, leopard, cheetah and up to six thousand elephant. Enjoy your afternoon game drive.
Overnight camping within Tarangire National Park – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 3: Tarangire – Serengeti
After breakfast you will commence your drive to one of the most famous game parks in Africa, the Serengeti. Here is home to millions of wildebeest during the migration and over the huge flat plains you are likely to find lion, cheetah, leopard, hyena and many other small predators. Enjoy an on route game drive to your campsite and then the experience of sleeping in the middle of the Serengeti.
Overnight camping in Seronera (the centre of the Serengeti) – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 4: Serengeti
Today you have a full day to explore the Serengeti. Break the day into morning and afternoon game drives or take a picnic lunch for a full day game drive.
Overnight camping in Seronera, Serengeti – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 5: Serengeti – Ngorongoro Crater
An early morning start in the Serengeti to try and find cats before they retreat away from the blazing sun during the day. After a few hours game drive in the Serengeti drive to the Ngorongoro Crater.
Overnight camping on the rim of the crater – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater – Arusha/Moshi
This morning you will descend into the Ngorongoro Crater – a wonderful haven for wildlife. Ngorongoro is unique in that almost all the wildlife live within the crater walls hence you have the opportunity to find game easily. Rhino, in particular, can be seen regularly as well as prides of lion and other predators like cheetah. Enjoy lunch by the hippo pond before beginning your drive back to Arusha/Moshi.
Overnight at the Outpost Lodge – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 7: Arusha – Depart
Today you will transferred to the Kilimanjaro International airport for your onward flight. (Breakfast)
- Tipping to your driver/guide and cook. The recommended is approx USD 30-40 per day to the driver/guide and USD$15-$20 per day to the cook. This is divided between everyone in the vehicle.
- Small tip to the Ngorongoro walking safari ranger (USD 10-20 would be adequate).
Suggestions on things to bring:
- Extra Binoculars
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Mosquito repellent
- Warm clothes for your early morning in Ngorongoro Crater
- Cool comfortable clothes for during the days
- Torch, bathroom towel and toiletries.
- Comfortable walking shoes for the walking safari.
We have a range of Tanzania tours & safaris available which can be customised with more or less nights as well as activities.