The Kingdom at Victoria Falls is an excellent destination for both individual travellers and families. The hotel was built on the edges of a man made lake, and it boasts 292 rooms and 4 suites. Outward facing rooms have views of the Victoria Falls National Park and World Heritage Site where wildlife can be seen roaming freely. The remainder of the rooms have views of the man-made lake and waterfalls. The Kingdom has its own food court offering a wide selection of meals, as well as offering its guests 3 swimming pools and a toddlers pool, a children’s play area and casino. The architecture of the Kingdom was inspired by the ancient kingdom of Munhumutapa, with great domes, pillars, and bridges over the many water features. The Victoria Falls are just 10 minutes walk away from the resort.
The accommodation at The Kingdom Hotel is nestled around a vast man made lake so all the rooms have a view whether they look inward towards the lake or over the bush on the outer perimeter of the hotel. Classically decorated in warm colours with furnishings that feature local Zimbabwe teak, all rooms have air-conditioning, all important in the hot summer months. Many rooms have a balcony overlooking the lake and water features which are a perfect spot to stop, relax and de-stress.
The Kingdom hotel has a total of 294 rooms.
- 112 rooms have king-size beds
- 102 queen-size bedsFamily rooms
- 34 with king size and bunk beds
- 40 with twin beds and bunk beds.Paraplegic rooms which are easily accessed from the main areas of the hotel are available for disabled guests.
- Digital satellite television
- Smoke detectors & sprinkler system
- Shaver socket
- Tea & coffee facilities
- Safety deposit box
En-suite bathrooms some with bath and separate shower some with shower combined with bath.
The Kingdom Hotel offers a full range of facilities that one would expect at a modern resort.
- Parking: Secure open air parking at the front of the hotel.
- Swimming pools: There are three swimming pools including a toddlers splash pool
- Dining: The Kingdom has a selection of restaurants to choose from. The white waters restaurant is the main restaurant where breakfast is served daily. There are a number of additional restaurants within the Great Enclosure.
- Bars: The hotel has four bars including a poolside bar.
- Safari Health and Beauty Spa features a hair salon and two adjoining therapy rooms where one can enjoy a variety of treatments using Clarins products.
- Baby sitting facilities are offered on request.
- The Adventure Connection – book any last minute activities
- 24 hour room service for in room snacks
- Laundry facilities
- Conferencing facilities
The Great Enclosure is an indoor entertainment area within the resort which offers a variety of shops, restaurants and facilities:
- Panarottis Pizzeria
- Spur Steak house
- The Burger Place
- The Sweet Hut
- Reserve bank outlet
- Children’s supervised play area
- Curio shops
- Casino the kingdom hotel facilities