This adventure safari is perfect for those with limited time still wishing to visit the best wilderness areas in Botswana. Starting in Maun and ending in Livingstone, Zambia it offers great value for money.
Price per person twin share – AUD
|1 Jan to 30 Jun||$2,150||Single Supplement||$185|
|1 Jul to 31 Oct||$2,295||Single Supplement||$185|
|1 Nov to 31 Dec||$2,150||Single Supplement||$195|
Number of Days: 8
- Price is valid until 31 December 2019. If travelling after this date please contact us for revised prices
- Safari departs Maun on selected dates.. Please see below for exact departure dates
- Minimum 1 passengers, maximum 12 passengers
- Camping safari requiring a minimum participation from the guests: setting up the tent and packing it / carrying their bag from/to vehicle at campsites. The rest of the camp chores are carried out by our team made up of one guide and one camp assistant.
• 3 nights Moremi Game Reserve
• 3 nights Chobe National Park
• 1 night at a comfortable lodge in Livingstone
- All accommodation (spacious bow tents with mattresses)
- Rooms at a comfortable lodge in Livingstone
- All transfers and activities as per the itinerary
- All meals that are indicated (B – breakfast, L -lunch, D – dinner) and tea/coffees
- Services of a Professional Guide and Camp Assistant
- All Botswana park fees for activities included on itinerary
- Transport in specialised safari vehicles.
- Restaurant meals (Livingstone, Zambia)
- Entrance to the Falls
- Airport transfers
- Optional excursions (scenic flight over the Delta and activities in Livingstone/Victoria Falls,)
- Beverages (alcohol, soft drinks and bottled mineral water)
- Sleeping bag (and small pillow) on all camping sectors (Sleeping bag & pillow hire EUR 20 per person)
- Any increase in National Park fees
Safari Departure Dates:
02, 16 & 30 Sep 2017
14 & 28 Oct 2017
11 & 25 Nov 2017
20 Jan 2018
10 Feb 2018
03 Mar 2018
07 & 21 Apr 2018
05 & 19 May 2018
02 & 23 Jun 2018
07 & 21 Jul 2018
04 & 18 Aug 2018
01, 15 & 29 Sep 2018
13 Oct 2018
03 & 17 Nov 2018
08 Dec 2018
ABOUT SEMI PARTICIPATION SAFARIS
Description: camping safari requiring a minimum participation from the guests: setting up the tent and packing it / carrying their bag from/to vehicle at campsites. The rest of the camp chores are carried out by our team made up of one guide and one camp assistant.
Equipment: Tents are 2.1m x 2.1m x 1.75m. A 5cm high density foam mattress is provided for each guest. Ablutions are shared and bush ablutions are set up by our team when staying in game reserves and national park campsites.
Vehicle: 4×4 safari vehicles custom-built by with custom built trailers.
Profile: The semi participation safaris offer a genuine and authentic safari experience.
Day 1 to 3: Moremi Game Reserve, camping
The safari officially begins in Maun, Botswana, at 07h30. Wild Africa Travel Company is happy to assist with pre-tour arrangements such as accommodation and transfers from Livingstone, Zambia or Kasane, Botswana, if required.
Your guide will meet you at 07h30 at a pre-arranged meeting point in Maun. From Maun you will drive through to Moremi Game Reserve, one of the best wilderness areas of Botswana which covers swamp and dry areas. The next three days will be spent searching for the wide variety of wildlife and birds that this area is renowned for while absorbing the sounds and beauty of this region. Game drives in the early morning as the sun rises and in the late afternoon as the sun sets will be the norm. After your morning game drive you will return to camp for lunch and a siesta. On Day 3 you will move campsites to explore a different area of this diverse park. Camping will be in private designated campsites with bush ablutions. (B, L, D). Day 1: Maun to Moremi Game Reserve: 150km, 6hrs (including game drive)
Day 4 to 6: Chobe National Park, camping
Chobe National Park, with its diverse and striking landscapes, will be your next destination. As you continue your search for wildlife, you will traverse the drier region of Savuti where bull elephants dot the plains. You will then head northwards to the Chobe River where your game drives will meander along the banks of the river, followed by the call of the majestic African Fish Eagle. Camping will be in private designated areas with bush ablutions. (B, L, D). Day 4: Moremi to Savuti: 120km. 5-6hrs. Day 5: Savuti to Chobe River: 170km, 5hrs
Day 7 to 8: Night in a comfortable lodge in Livingstone, chalet accommodation
After a morning game drive you will cross the Zambezi River by ferry and then drive to Livingstone on the Zambian side of the Victoria Falls (Visa required), where you will spend the night at a comfortable lodge. In the afternoon there will be time to visit the thunderous Victoria Falls and shop for curios. Dinner will be at your own expense at the lodge. The safari officially ends at 10h00 on Day 8.
Wild Africa Travel Company is happy to arrange post-tour accommodation, activities and transfers to Livingstone airport or lodges, Victoria Falls airport or lodges or Kasane, Botswana, at an additional cost. Activities in Livingstone include White Water Rafting down the Zambezi Gorge, Canoeing on the upper Zambezi, Elephant rides and Helicopter Flights over the Victoria Falls. (Day 7 – B, L & Day 8 – B). Day 7: Chobe River to Livingstone: 100km, 2-3hrs
When travelling on a mobile safari, luggage must be compact, light and easy to pack into the trailer. Each guest is strictly limited to 12kg of luggage in a soft carrier bag, no hard suitcases, an additional small day bag plus limited camera equipment. Please note that a mattress is supplied but sleeping bag are not supplied on the Buffalo Camping Safari.
We suggest you bring the following:
- Good quality flashlight and spare batteries/bulbs
- Camera with spare batteries, film or memory cards
- South African plug adaptor for charging video/camera batteries
- Good quality pair of binoculars (8×30 or better)
- Natural, earthy or khaki toned clothes (to prevent any undue attention from wild animals)
- Long sleeves, long trousers to help prevent tick and mosquito bites
- Comfortable walking shoes and sandals or flip-flops
- Light clothing during the summer months; e.g. t-shirts, shorts
- Light, compact raincoat is a good idea for the summer Nov – April (sporadic thunderstorms)
- Fleece or sweater and a warm jacket due to colder nights during the winter season – May – Aug
- Beanies, scarf and gloves for the cold early morning game drives in winter – it can reach 0˚C
- Sun block, lip balm, sunglasses, hat, swimsuit, insect repellent, malaria prophylaxis
- Toiletries and any medicines
On a semi-participation safaris, guests are only required to pitch and fold their own tent. All cooking, cleaning and any other camp chores are taken care of by the Bush Ways Safari team, made up of an experienced local safari guide and a camp assistant.
For these semi-participation safaris, the tents are 2.1mx2.1m with a comfortable high density mattress and sleeping bag (which can be hired from us for the duration of the safari).
We mostly camp in areas with no formal ablutions, and therefore build our own bush toilette and shower when camping in these areas.
There is no minimum number of guests required on our semi-participation safaris as all of our departures are guaranteed (except for the Hyena trail). The maximum number is 12 guests.
All safaris are equipped with the luxuries required for travel comfort and peaceful relaxation (custom-built safari vehicles, a mobile kitchen serving good wholesome food with an African flavour and ice-cold drinks for that tropical sundowner) while still maintaining the exhilarating adventurous spirit of the pioneer.
All our customised safari vehicles are extra wide allowing for more seating space and have:
– Folding windscreen,
– Removable canvas roof,
– Perspex windows for the cold and rain,
– Fridge for cold beverages,
– Folding side door,
– Comfortable coil spring suspension,
– 120L water tank with tap
– Open sides for unobstructed views.
Our custom designed vehicles and trailers are ideally suited for photographic safaris in the African bush.
We have a range of Botswana tours & safaris available which can be customised with more or less nights as well as activities.