This safari was designed as a quest to see the legendary Big Five! Our seven day Big Five safari is by far our most unique safari – giving you the best chance of spotting Africa’s most iconic animals. In your pursuit of lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, and cape buffalo you’ll travel through Ngorongoro crater – known as the eighth wonder of the world and the world-famous Serengeti National Park > . Along the way, you’ll also see enormous herds of wildebeest and zebra, the majestic giraffe, wallowing hippopotamus, lean cheetahs, opportunistic hyenas, playful monkeys, and so much more.
Price per person – USD
|Season||1 Passenger||2 Passengers||3 Passengers||4 Passengers||5 Passengers||6 Passengers||Single Supplement|
|1 Jan to 31 Dec 2022||USD 5,310 per person||USD 3,475 per person||USD 3,200 per person||USD 2,900 per person||USD 2,830 per person||USD 2,670 per person||USD 375 per person|
|1 Jan to 31 Dec 2023||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
Number of Days: 7
- Price is valid until 31 December 2022 If travelling after this date please contact us for revised prices
- Departs daily subject to availability (private departure)
- Accommodation may be different from properties listed due to availability but will be of a similar standard
- Permanent tent accommodation and Camping options are available on request
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Accommodation at Lodges / Tented Camps / Basic camping
- All game drives
- Park entry fees
- 18% VAT
- English speaking driver/guide
- All food
- Drinking water
- At least 1 pair of binoculars.
Day 1 – Arrive Arusha
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport where you will be met and transferred to your accommodation. Remainder of the day is free.
Overnight at Chanya Lodge or equivalent
Day 2, 3 & 4: Serengeti National Park
This morning you will commence your drive from Arusha to one of the most famous game parks in Africa, the Serengeti taking approx. 4 hours. Here is home to millions of wildebeest during the migration and over the huge flat plains you are likely to find lion, cheetah, leopard, hyena and many other small predators. Enjoy an on-route game drive to your camp and the experience of sleeping in the middle of the Serengeti. You will spend the next few days exploring the endless plains of Serengeti, the great wildebeest migration and looking for the BIG 5.
3 nights at Embalakai Camp or equivalent – (Daily breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 5: Serengeti – Ngorongoro Crater
An early morning start in the Serengeti to try and find cats before they retreat from the blazing sun during the day. After a few hours of game, drive travel to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area where you will overnight. The Ngorongoro caldera is the largest unflooded and unbroken caldera in the world. At approximately 20 kilometres across and 600 meters deep, the Ngorongoro Crater is a breath-taking natural wonder.
Overnight at Serena Ngorongoro – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 6: Ngorongoro Crater – Arusha/Moshi
This morning you will descend into the Ngorongoro Crater, a wonderful haven for wildlife. Ngorongoro is unique in that almost all the wildlife lives within the crater walls, hence you have the opportunity to find the game easily. Rhino in particular can be seen regularly, as well as prides of lion and other predators like cheetah. Enjoy lunch by the hippo pond. After Lunch, you will drive back to Arusha which takes approx. 2 hours.
Overnight at Chanya Lodge or equivalent – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 7: Arusha – Depart
Today you will be transferred to the Kilimanjaro International airport for your onward flight. (Breakfast)
- Tipping to your driver/guide and cook. The recommended is approx USD 30-40 per day to the driver/guide and USD$15-$20 per day to the cook. This is divided between everyone in the vehicle.
- Small tip to the Ngorongoro walking safari ranger (USD 10-20 would be adequate).
Suggestions on things to bring:
- Extra Binoculars
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Mosquito repellent
- Warm clothes for your early morning in Ngorongoro Crater
- Cool comfortable clothes for during the days
- Torch, bathroom towel and toiletries.
- Comfortable walking shoes for the walking safari.
Please fill out the below form and we will be in touch shortly.
"*" indicates required fields
We have a range of Tanzania tours & safaris available which can be customised with more or less nights as well as activities.