This Lake Kariba tour includes 4 nights at the Bumi Hills Safari Lodge, sitting on top of a hill it overlooks the vastness of Lake Kariba. It also provides a range of game viewing activities including guided game drives, walking safaris, safaris by boat, sunset cruises on Lake Kariba, bird watching, hide sits and casual fishing.
Lake Kariba is the world’s largest artificial lake and reservoir by volume and it lies on the Zambezi River 1,300 kilometers upstream from the Indian Ocean. It is situated along the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. Lake Kariba was filled between 1958 and 1963 following the completion of the Kariba Dam located at its northeastern end thus flooding the Kariba Gorge on the Zambezi River. A wildlife rescue operation from 1958-64 in Zimbabwe (then Rhodesia) was of biblical proportions. As the gorge was dammed, and the Zambezi Valley flooded, animals were trapped on ever-diminishing islands and more than 6,000 were saved, and relocated to the mainland.
This Lake Kariba safari is fully customisable to best suit your requirements with more or less nights available. Please contact us for a quote for your desired itinerary.
|Price per person in AUD|
|Season||Twin Share||Single Supplement|
|15 July to 14 January||$3,995||$2,035|
|15 January to 14 July||$4,910||$2,200|
Number of Days: 5
1. Price is valid until 14 January 2016. If travelling after this date please contact us for revised prices.
2. Tours depart on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.
3. Air fare from Victoria Falls to Bumi Hills does not include Zimbabwe departure taxes.
- 4 nights accommodation in the 4 star Bumi Hills Safari Lodge with breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and local drinks
- Daily guided open vehicle game drives, walking or boating safaris, sunset cruises, birdwatching and casual fishing
- Meet and greet at Victoria Falls airport by Wild Africa Travel Company representative
- Flight transfers from Victoria Falls airport to the Bumi Hills Safari Lodge
- Flight transfer from the Bumi Hills Safari Lodge to Victoria Falls airport
On arrival at Victoria Falls airport you will be met and transferred by aircraft to Bumi Hills Safari lodge. Late afternoon you will have the chance to take your first open vehicle game drive with your experienced guide before returning to your lodge for dinner under the African stars.
Day 2 – 4
Your days can be as adventurous or as relaxing as you wish as you have the option of game viewing in open safari vehicles, or on foot accompanied by a professional guide and by boat. A sunset cruise which provides you with wonderful photographic opportunities especially of the famous Lake Kariba sunsets. Bird watching, hide sits and casual fishing are also available. You can also relax and wile away your time in the comforts of your lodge. A perfect opportunity to have the ideal “Out of Africa’ experience.
This morning after checking out of your lodge you will be transferred by aircraft to the Victoria Falls airport your onward flight.
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge
We have a range of Zimbabwe tours & safaris available which can be customised with more or less nights as well as activities.