A private Tanzania safari for anyone looking for a quick visit to some the most iconic safari regions in East Africa. Includes 2 nights lodge accommodation in Arusha, 1 night camping at Lake Manyara, 1 night camping in the Serengeti National Park and 1 night camping in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Price per person – AUD
|01 January to 31 December 2018||AUD 2,715 – (USD 2,035 **)||On request|
|01 January to 31 December 2019||On request||On request|
** To convert click here>> USD to AUD
Number of Days: 6
- Price is valid until 31 December 2018. If travelling after this date please contact us for revised prices
- Departs daily subject to availability (private departure)
- Accommodation may be different from properties listed due to availability but will be of a similar standard
- Minimum of 2 people on safari
- Lodge and permanent tent accommodation options are available on request
- Pre and post nights at Arusha can be removed if required
- Arrival and departure airport transfers in Arusha
- All game drives
- Park entry fees
- Camping fees
- English speaking driver/guide
- All food (breakfast only at Arusha)
- Drinking water
- Camping equipment (including sleeping bags if you don’t have your own)
- At least 1 pair of binoculars.
Day 1 – Arrive Arusha
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport where you will be met and assisted by a Wild Africa Travel Company representative and transferred to your accommodation. Remainder of the day is free.
Overnight at the Outpost Lodge
Day 2: Moshi/Arusha – Lake Manyara
This morning you will depart for Lake Manyara National Park. Spend the afternoon on a game drive of this park, described as one of the hidden gems of Tanzania. This park is famous for its tree climbing lions and large herds of elephant (which are not shy to come straight up to the vehicle).
Overnight camping at Lake Manyara – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 3: Lake Manyara – Serengeti
After breakfast drive to one of the most famous game parks in Africa, the Serengeti. Here is home to millions of wildebeest during the migration and over the huge flat plains you are likely to find lion, cheetah, leopard, hyena and many other small predators. All afternoon will be spent on game drive before enjoying dinner and the experience of sleeping in the middle of the Serengeti.
Overnight camping in Seronera (the centre of the Serengeti) – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 4: Serengeti – Ngorongoro Crater
An early morning start in the Serengeti to try and find cats before they retreat away from the blazing sun during the day. After a few hours game drive in the Serengeti drive to the Ngorongoro Crater.
Overnight camping on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater – Arusha/Moshi
This morning you will descend into the Ngorongoro Crater – a wonderful haven for wildlife. Ngorongoro is unique in that almost all the wildlife live within the crater walls hence you have the opportunity to find game easily. Rhino, in particular, can be seen regularly as well as prides of lion and other predators like cheetah. Enjoy lunch by the hippo pond before commencing your drive back to Arusha and then Moshi.
Overnight at the Outpost Lodge – (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
Day 6: Arusha – Depart
Today you will transferred to the Kilimanjaro International airport for your onward flight. (Breakfast)
- Tipping to your driver/guide and cook. The recommended is approx USD 30-40 per day to the driver/guide and USD$15-$20 per day to the cook. This is divided between everyone in the vehicle.
- Small tip to the Ngorongoro walking safari ranger (USD 10-20 would be adequate).
Suggestions on things to bring:
- Extra Binoculars
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Mosquito repellent
- Warm clothes for your early morning in Ngorongoro Crater
- Cool comfortable clothes for during the days
- Torch, bathroom towel and toiletries.
- Comfortable walking shoes for the walking safari.
We have a range of Tanzania tours & safaris available which can be customised with more or less nights as well as activities.