- TRADING NAME: Travel Support Pty Ltd trading as Wild Africa Travel Company.
- PASSENGER: where used in these reservation conditions refers to the passenger who signed the reservation form and all passengers on whose behalf it is signed.
- CONFIRMATION: Booking will only be confirmed by Wild Africa Travel Company upon receipt of this signed Reservation Form accompanied by the required payment.
- RESERVATIONS AND DEPOSITS: Reservations are subject to availability and will only be confirmed upon written notice from Wild Africa Travel Company. The passenger signing the reservation form warrants that he or she has the authority of the passenger’s therein designated, whether by name or not, to make this booking on their behalf subject to the conditions contained herein.
- PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: These are subject to confirmation at time of booking for any packages or tours. Prices may be subject to slight variation to take into account International currency fluctuations and other variables beyond Wild Africa Travel Company control. Notice will be given at time of final balance payment if prices have varied.
All prices are quoted in local currency and will be converted into your currency at the rate of the day. Typically, prices are based on two passengers travelling together. Solo traveller supplements may be applicable. Special offer pricing has already been applied to the website pricing displayed, unless it is stated otherwise. The information presented to you and on our website was correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. However, changes beyond our control may have occurred since then with respect to prices, itineraries, duration of holidays, standard of services, tour content, fares and airline schedules. Please check with your travel consultant to ascertain if there are any alterations to the tour you select before you book.
– Special note regarding prices: Much care has gone into the composition of itineraries and prices, however circumstances beyond our control such as currency devaluation, fuel or air fare surcharges, imposition of new or amended Government charges (i.e. GST) may necessitate an increase in cost. Wild Africa Travel Company cannot be held responsible for these changes. Should this occur at any time until departure date, you will be notified as soon as possible, and regardless of deposit or total payment having been made, any increase is to be paid by the client. If such increase is unacceptable, the client may cancel the booking, though, in so doing, is still liable to pay any cancellation charges imposed by our suppliers. While every effort has been made to ensure prices are accurate, please use the brochure as a guideline only, as rates are subject to change.
– Not included in the tour price: Unless otherwise stated, flights, visas, airport taxes, port taxes, city taxes, security charges, airport transfers, tipping, items of a personal nature, laundry, additional beverages and consumables are not included in the tour price.
- BOOKING AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE:
The receipt of a security deposit will be taken as an understanding by the company that the participant has read, understands and agrees to abide by the conditions set out in these terms and conditions.
– Deposit: A non-refundable deposit from $200 and up to 50% (see below) per person is required within seven days of us issuing your booking confirmation together with a completed and signed reservations form. We are not obliged to hold or confirm any services for you until we receive your deposit. If the price of any services increases before we receive your deposit, we reserve the right to pass on this price increase to you. This is in addition to our right to increase prices as stated above.
– Special Deposit Requirements: Some tours and arrangements may impose a higher non-refundable deposit and this can be anything up to 50% depending on the requirements of each individual supplier. Please check at time of booking. Note any Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits for tours in Rwanda and Uganda are to be paid in full at time of booking and are non-refundable.
– Airfare payments: All airfares must be paid in full at the time of booking.
– Final payments: Final balance of payment must be received no later than 60 days prior to departure. We are under no obligation to remind you of a payment becoming due. Travel documentation will be provided only on receipt of full payment and a signed and completed Reservations Form. Documents will be dispatched around 2 (two) weeks prior to departure.
- PAYMENT METHODS: All payments sent to Wild Africa Travel Company must be made payable to Travel Support Pty Ltd and also include the booking number and/or surname to ensure payment is matched to the passenger’s booking:
– Credit Card: A merchant fee will be charged for all credit card payments, (Visa and Mastercard – 1.4% American Express – 1.8% Diners – 2.5% – Non-Australian Visa or Mastercard: 3%)
– Direct deposit: If payment is made via direct deposit then the payment will not be acknowledged unless written confirmation of the specific details of the transaction are provided and made payable to Travel Support Pty Ltd. or until the payment is confirmed into our bank account. Our bank account details will be supplied at the time of booking
– Personal cheque, bank cheque and money order: Please ensure cheques are made payable to Travel Support Pty Ltd and sent to Wild Africa Travel Company with all relevant booking information including tour name, booking number and surname. Please allow 5 business days for cheque payments to be cleared. Personal cheque payments cannot be accepted for late bookings made inside 30 days before departure.
- LATE PAYMENT: If payments are not received by the dates outlined in the payment schedule, Wild Africa Travel Company will add a late payment fee of $50 to the amount due.
- AMEMDMENTS: We will endeavour to accommodate amendments and additional requests. You acknowledge that these may not be possible to fulfil. An amendment fee of AUD 50 will be levied to cover communication and administration costs for any changes to bookings. You will also be required to pay any additional costs charged by suppliers.
- CANCELLATIONS BY YOU: Cancellations must be received in writing and will take effect from the date received by Wild Africa Travel Company. The following cancellation charges will apply to the tour costs.
– More than 61 days before departure: Loss of deposit
– 60-45 days before departure: 50%
– 44-31 days before departure: 65%
– 30 days of less: 100%
These charges can vary subject to the trading terms of our suppliers as some do impose higher cancellation fees on certain tours. The non-issuing of an invoice or non-payment of deposit will not exempt clients from these cancellation fees. We regret we can make no exception to the charges and strongly recommend that comprehensive travel insurance is taken out at time of booking to cover cancellation fees.
You agree that these cancellation charges are reasonable and required to protect the legitimate business interests of Wild Africa Travel Company.
– Airfares: Note that many airfares are non-refundable and have refund conditions set out by the airlines and not Wild Africa Travel Company.
- CANCELLATIONS BY US: If your travel arrangements cannot proceed due to flood, earthquake, war or civil strife, acts of terrorism, hurricane, cyclone, industrial disturbance, strike, fire, lock out, epidemic, pandemic, failure or delays of scheduled transportation facilities, or other acts of God, or any law, order, decree, rule or regulation of any government authority, or for any reason whether of a similar or dissimilar nature beyond the control of Wild Africa Travel Company, our agreement with you will terminate. Neither of us will have any claim for damages against the other, provided that we will refund you any payments made by you that we have not expended (or legally committed to expend) minus an administrative fee of AU$200 per person. If we provide you with any alternative services or assistance where travel arrangements are cancelled because of force majeure, then you agree the amount to be refunded to you will be reduced by the value of these services and assistance.
Wild Africa Travel Company disclaims any liability to you for the costs of airfares, visas or any other expenses incurred by you as a result of cancellation of your travel arrangements by us whether due to force majeure or otherwise.
- ITINERARY VARIATIONS: Every effort will be made to adhere to the published touring itinerary. Occasionally, circumstances beyond our and our suppliers’ control will force changes, amendments or modifications to the itinerary and its inclusions. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Wild Africa Travel Company will not be responsible for any omissions or modifications to the itinerary or the inclusions made as a consequence of these circumstances. If you are entitled to any compensation at law for any changes or modifications in these circumstances, then you agree that any compensation you are entitled to will be reduced by the value of any alternative services we provide to you which you accept.
Wild Africa Travel Company disclaims any liability to you for the costs of airfares, visas or any other expenses incurred by you as a result of any amendment or change to the tour itinerary.
- UNUSED TOUR SERVICES: Refunds will not be made in respect of unused accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, tickets, transfers, or any other services which are included in the tour cost but not utilised by the passenger.
- THIRD PARTIES: No agents, representatives, conductors or any other passenger’s are authorised to have any right to promise to refund any sums paid or to remit any sums payable, either wholly or in part or to agree to any variation of these conditions of booking.
- NAMES ON PASSPORTS: It is vitally important that the names advised on this booking form are exactly as they appear in the passenger’s passport. Wild Africa Travel Company will take no responsibility if incorrect names and/or spelling are provided by the passenger on the reservation form which results in amendment fees charged by the airlines or operators will be passed onto the passenger by Wild Africa Travel Company.
- AIRLINES: Some airfares may be subject to special conditions beyond Wild Africa Travel Company control. Please ensure the passenger understand all applicable details prior to booking.
- DEPARTURE TAXES: Some countries have departure taxes that need to be paid upon departure from that particular country and these are not included in the advertised tour package price.
- PASSPORT AND VISAS: Wild Africa Travel Company are not responsible for passport, visa requirements, entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited or for any loss sustained by the passenger for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements. Non Australian passport holders are responsible for arranging any extra visas and re-entry requirements.
- GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (GST): The Australian Goods & Services Tax (GST) does not apply to international travel. GST does not apply to administration charges such as amendment fees, hotel and late booking fees where these are made prior to travel. Amendment fees charged after travel, for example, in the case of a refund will attract GST.
- TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN: Travelling with children under 18 years of age through certain African countries’ borders may require further documentation in addition to their valid passport. As requirements can change, please check with Wild Africa Travel Company. Any information provided by us is given in good faith and may not be relied upon as being accurate and does not constitute formal advice.
- HEALTH AND FITNESS: Vaccinations against Yellow Fever are compulsory in East Africa, and many other countries require proof of a valid vaccination card if these countries have been visited or you have been in transit. It is also highly recommended that you take anti-malaria medication. Please consult your GP or Travel Doctor for up-to-date medical advice. A minimum level of fitness is required to be able to participate on a Wild Africa Travel Company tour. In addition, some tours may require you to disclose your body weight. Please check with Wild Africa Travel Company to ensure that you can meet the relevant requirements. Even if you meet the relevant requirements, this does not mean that the tour is suitable for you and is no substitute for obtaining medical advice.
- LUGGAGE: Luggage and personal effects are at passenger’s own risk. It is stressed that Wild Africa Travel Company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to passenger’s personal luggage or effects from any cause whatsoever, even though handled by Wild Africa Travel Company servants or agents and it is recommended that luggage be insured for the duration of the holiday or tour.
- INSURANCE: We strongly recommend that a comprehensive travel insurance policy be taken out at time of paying the deposit. Wild Africa Travel Company will not accept responsibility for loss of deposit/full payment, loss or damage to baggage and personal items, personal illness or injury, medical expenses, cancellation or curtailment of your trip.
- RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY:
– Services by our suppliers: Where a third party over whom we have no direct control (Independent Supplier) is the supplier of travel arrangements that form part of your tour, you acknowledge that our obligations to you are limited to arranging for the Independent Supplier to provide those travel arrangements to you. Independent Suppliers over whom we have no direct control include but are not limited to airlines, railway and cruise operators, hoteliers and common carriers. We act as an intermediary only and you will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Independent Supplier (copies available upon request).
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Wild Africa Travel Company will not be responsible to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or delay attributable to the actions or omissions of an Independent Supplier. You warrant that you will not bring a claim against Wild Africa Travel Company in this regard. You are responsible for any loss or expense we incur due to any claim being brought against us in breach of this warranty.
– General liability limitations: Australian Consumer Law and corresponding legislation in other jurisdictions in certain circumstances imply mandatory conditions and warranties into consumer contracts (“Consumer Warranties”). These Booking Conditions do not exclude or limit the application of the Consumer Warranties. Other than the Consumer Warranties, Wild Africa Travel Company disclaims all warranties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the maximum liability of Wild Africa Travel Company to you under these Booking Conditions, in tort (including negligence) or at law is limited to arranging for the travel arrangements to be resupplied or payment of the cost of having the travel arrangements resupplied.
We do not accept liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay, change of itinerary when required, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbances, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents to, or failure of, machinery or equipment, or industrial action (whether or not involving our employees and even though such actions may be settled by acceding to demands of a labour group).
– Deemed acceptance: By making a booking request, you are deemed to have agreed and consented to all terms in these Booking Conditions and in any other documents provided to you by Wild Africa Travel Company or any other person who may have booked the tour on your behalf. If you book on behalf of another party, you represent and warrant to Wild Africa Travel Company that you are duly authorised to provide the agreement and consent the other party and you agree that you will be responsible for any loss or damage Wild Africa Travel Company incurs if this is not the case.
– General responsibility and liability: Wild Africa Travel Company does not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of persons providing services in connection with the passenger’s package and over whom Wild Africa Travel have no control. Wild Africa Travel Company and / or its associated companies or Agents give notice that they act as booking agent only for the persons or companies providing or offering the means of travel conveyance, transport, accommodation, or other services and all receipts, dockets, vouchers, coupons or exchange orders are issued under the terms and conditions under which transportation and other services are provided. Wild Africa Travel Company shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity that may be caused or arising during any tour under its management, sponsorship, procurement, or otherwise notwithstanding that the Company’s principal may be a foreign company, corporation or person. So far as the company shall not be acting as such booking agent it shall be deemed to be acting as Agent for the person making the reservation. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure he or she is in possession of the other travel documents and that they are in compliance with the current government and transportation company’s regulations. The transportation companies or firms shall be exempt from liability in respect of any detention, delay, loss, damage, sickness or injury however and by Whomsoever caused and of whatever kind occurring of or to passengers at any time when the passenger is not on board a carrier or conveyance used or operated by the transport companies or firms.
– General: The contract between you and Wild Africa Travel Company is deemed to have been made in the State of Victoria, Australia, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia. Any disputes shall be dealt with by a court with the appropriate jurisdiction in the State of Victoria, Australia.
If any provision of these Booking Conditions is found to be unenforceable, then to the extent possible it will be severed from these conditions without affecting the remaining provisions.